Apple is adding fuel to the flame of a rumor that their newest model of the iPhone, the iPhone 5, will be released on October 5th by closing down one of it’s San Francisco retail stores with the promise of re-opening on that date.
Here are some of the popular speculations of the features Apple will add to the new iPhone 5:
- iOS 5.0 was announced by Apple this June. The user interface is based on the concept of direct manipulation, using multi-touch gestures. It is expected to come with more than 200 new features that will include improved Notification System, News Stand and iMessage (think Blackberry Messenger).
- Scratch proof and shatter proof screen.
- iCloud, which is a new service for wireless remote access of music from all computers and mobile devices.
- Sleeker body design.
- A5 processor to power the iPhone 5 (technically the same chip that currently powers the ipad2). In non-tech speak this means that the iPhone5 can do twice the work at once.
- Improved camera and video.
- Not only higher screen resolution, but also a bigger screen (sources say that Apple is planning to increase the screen size from 3.5 to 4-inch).
- Face recognition security.
- Extended battery life.
The iPhone 5 event will be the first in Apple’s post-Jobs era, with the iconic CEO having resigned last month amid speculation regarding his ongoing health issues.
So how much do you think this bad boy is going to cost us?!